Farming has always been a conservation minded business. Our grandfathers could use the same piece of baling wire 10 times and still make it last 15 years.
Today we are running lighter, leaner, and greener; all in an effort to reduce what we use, protect our environment, and conserve for our future generations.
Some ways that Templeton Family Farms contributes:
- Planted over 200 trees in the last 5 years
- Our main shop utilizes waste oil as a heating source during the winter months
- Swine manure is strategically managed and placed to obtain the best utilization and reduce usage of manufactured fertilizer
- The farm has over 7 miles of CRP buffer strips to protect our waterways from runoff, sedimentation, and increase wildlife habitat
- All of our chemicals are purchased and transported in reusable/returnable 250 gallon tote containers
- All of our seed is purchased in 50 unit reusable/returnable pro-unit containers
- Our equipment fleet is 100% equipped with GPS controls and steering
which enables us to reduce crop inputs and diesel fuel consumption while increasing product placement accuracy and input efficacy.
- Live dynamic records for better business decisions
- Installed a tower grain drying system that reclaims the heated air in the drying process conserving tremendous amounts of energy
- Installed energy efficient florescent lights in our hog units to reduce energy consumption
- Installed automatic motion sensors/switches for the lights in our shop.
- Proud members of Pheasants Forever and White Tails Unlimited
- Farm and shop utilizes bulk oil for equipment maintenance, saving tremendous amounts of plastic and containers from being discarded.